Coach Application Process
Thank you for considering taking the first steps in applying for a coaching position within GVMBHA. It is a fun and rewarding experience!
To coach within GVMBHA, you will need to complete a Coaching Application, have a current Criminal Record Check and have a current Respect in Sport certificate.
Here are the required steps for a coaching position:
- Coaching Application - Coaching Application
- Criminal Record Check - Criminal Record Check
- Ensure you have a current Criminal Records Check (CRC). We accept CRCs up to 3 years old, after that you will need to repeat the process. If you need a CRC, click on link below then keep a copy of your email to prove your CRC is in process. Should you be asked for additional identification verification (i.e. fingerprinting), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a GVMBHA “volunteer” letter to take to the police station. This will ensure you will not be charged the CRC processing fee as this a FREE service provided by the police for volunteers.
- Respect In Sport "Activity Leader" - Respect In Sport
- If you have not completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader course before then you will need to take the online course. The RIS expires after 5 years of completion. There is no out of pocket expense to you as GVMBHA pays the $30+ fee but you will need a login code. The course takes about 2-3 hours to complete and you can stop at any time to take a break and go back to the course later. You will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the RIS course.
- If you have previously completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader program through another organization, you don't need to retake (unless expired). Please go to https://cbha.respectgroupinc.com/ - click on the "Import A Certificate" box and follow the prompts as Cheryl our Coach Documents Manager will need a copy.
- To obtain a LOGIN CODE, contact Cheryl at email@example.com
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to the "Coaches Code of Conduct" within the coaching application; the responsibility of taking the Respect in Sport Activity Leader (RIS) course and ensuring you have a current Criminal Record Check (CRC), or if already completed verification prior to March 31.